IPv10.

2016-11-11 13:03:58
Thanks everyone for discussing if we are in need for IPv10 or not, and as I can
see that many of you think that it has no value, but I wonder why the ietf has
many standards trying to allow IPv4 only hosts to communicate to IPv6 only
hosts and vice versa (such as NAT-PT and NAT64 and they are complex and not
applicable) if there is no need for that function ????!!!!

Anyway, I think that all of you agrees that IPv10 works fine technically and is
applicable, but this function will bring no value as the world is moving fast
towards the migration to IPv6, and IPv4 only hosts all over the globe will do
it soon (which I do not think so), but as all of you believe on that, then I
have to as well, and we will see what will happen.

Thanks again, that was an interesting discussion.

Khaled Omar