Re: Gen-ART IETF Last Call review of draft-ietf-justfont-toplevel-03

2016-12-08 15:57:46

On 2016-10-30 18:18:29, Dale R. Worley <worley(_at_)ariadne(_dot_)com> wrote:

7.1. Generic SFNT font type

I can see why a comma-separated list is necessary, but that means that
"Values: TTF, CFF, SVG" is not strictly correct. Perhaps something
like the following (and let IANA figure out how to express that in
http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-type-sub-parameters/media-type-sub-parameters.xhtml):

Values: a comma-separated subset of: TTF, CFF, SVG
Chris Lilley:
I adopted your suggested wording (and removed the optional whitespace).
https://github.com/svgeesus/ietf-justfont/commit/8ad639638e51f85b5592724ff621d17e7c864253

Similarly for other parameters which can take a comma-separated list
of defined values.

Parameter definitions seem to need specification of registration
procedures. (See the sub-type-parameter registry mentioned above;
each parameter has a listed registration procedure.)
Chris Lilley:

I had a look at the xml source of the MIME Media Type Sub-Parameter Registries:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-type-sub-parameters/media-type-sub-parameters.xml

and created a small XML file with updates for the two parameters (outlines and
layout) defined in this draft.

The file is on GitHub as
https://github.com/svgeesus/ietf-justfont/blob/master/registries.xml

and here is the commit.