Re: [Gen-art] Last Call Review of draft-ietf-manet-dlep-25

2016-12-15 03:09:02
Matt,

Many thanks for this.

Authors, did you have any responses on Matt’s comments?

Also, Matt, I had one question for you:

* The IANA registries this document establishes are not defined.
One can deduce the required information and its format, but there
is no guidance on review process (for example). I urge the authors
to consult RFC 5226 when revisiting the IANA considerations.

What did you have in mind here? At least the -26 specifies Specification
Required for the registries, and given RFC 5226’s guidance on what that
means, I’m not sure what information is missing. Unless, of course, you
think that there should further expert review guidance. Or is the problem
that the allocation policy is in the table, not in the text, e.g.:

13.6.  DLEP Extensions Registrations

  Upon approval of this document, IANA is requested to create a new
  DLEP registry, named "Extension Type Values".

  The following table provides initial registry values and the
  [RFC5226] defined policies that should apply to the registry:

              +--------------+----------------------------+
              | Code         | Description/Policy         |
              | 0            | Reserved                   |
              | 1            | Credit Windowing [CREDIT]  |
              | 2-65519      | Specification Required     |
              | 65520-65534  | Private Use                |
              | 65535        | Reserved                   |

                      Table 3: DLEP Extension types

Jari