RE: [Gen-art] Last Call Review of draft-ietf-manet-dlep-25

2016-12-15 04:14:17
Hi Jari,

I have (belatedly) responded to Matt's comments which were on draft-25.  A lot
of his points were made by other reviewers and many have been addressed in
draft-26 already.

The IANA reviewer gave us good direction to the correct registration
entries/format/detail, and I hope we have got them right in the latest draft.

Regards,

Rick Taylor

-----Original Message-----
From: Jari Arkko [mailto:jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net]
Sent: 15 December 2016 09:09
To: Matt Miller
Cc: gen-art(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
draft-ietf-manet-dlep(_dot_)all(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Last Call Review of draft-ietf-manet-dlep-25

Matt,

Many thanks for this.

Authors, did you have any responses on Matt's comments?

Also, Matt, I had one question for you:

* The IANA registries this document establishes are not defined.
One can deduce the required information and its format, but there is
no guidance on review process (for example). I urge the authors to
consult RFC 5226 when revisiting the IANA considerations.

What did you have in mind here? At least the -26 specifies Specification
Required for the registries, and given RFC 5226's guidance on what that
means, I'm not sure what information is missing. Unless, of course, you think
that there should further expert review guidance. Or is the problem that the
allocation policy is in the table, not in the text, e.g.:

13.6.  DLEP Extensions Registrations

  Upon approval of this document, IANA is requested to create a new
  DLEP registry, named "Extension Type Values".

  The following table provides initial registry values and the
  [RFC5226] defined policies that should apply to the registry:

              +--------------+----------------------------+
              | Code         | Description/Policy         |
              +--------------+----------------------------+
              | 0            | Reserved                   |
              | 1            | Credit Windowing [CREDIT]  |
              | 2-65519      | Specification Required     |
              | 65520-65534  | Private Use                |
              | 65535        | Reserved                   |
              +--------------+----------------------------+

                      Table 3: DLEP Extension types

Jari

This mail has originated outside your organization, either from an external
partner or the Global Internet.

The information contained within this e-mail and any files attached to this
e-mail is private and in addition may include commercially sensitive
information. The contents of this e-mail are for the intended recipient only
and therefore if you wish to disclose the information contained within this
e-mail or attached files, please contact the sender prior to any such
disclosure.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or distribution
is prohibited. Please also contact the sender and inform them of the error and
delete the e-mail, including any attached files from your system.

Emails to Airbus Defence and Space Limited may be processed, recorded and
monitored anywhere in the European Community.

Airbus Defence and Space Limited

Registered Office: Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 2AS.
Registered in England and Wales under company number 02449259.