Re: [dispatch] Review of draft-mohali-dispatch-cause-for-service-number-12

2016-12-20 17:28:09
I still think the shepherd's writeup caught this correctly:

    draft-mohali-dispatch-service-number-translation
    does not register a URI parameter; it just adds a reference
    to an existing registration. The decision to keep these
    documents informational is not intended to set precedent;
    RFC 5727 remains the BCP for the SIP change process.

I personally see no win in trying to force this document to be PS (and fixing the things in it, and in what 3gpp plans to do with it to let it fly as PS) or in changing the registry at this point. This has an odor, but it is not really making the world worse, and the energy that it would require from ours and the 3gpp communities to remove the odor does not strike me as the right place to make our investements.

Hold your noses and let this go please.

One more general comment inline below:

RjS