Re: DMARC methods in mailman

2016-12-21 09:22:44
Hi Philip,
At 04:10 21-12-2016, Philip Homburg wrote:
Just to be clear, is this an option that individual subscribers of the mailing
list can set?

No. You can view the options available to individual subscribers at http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/test.png

For me, the current IETF lists work fine. My MTA completely ignores DMARC,
so it would be nice not to be subjected to mangled From headers.

I have not encountered any issue. I would have opened a ticket if there was an issue.

Are you talking about senders or recipients? The reason yahoo stands out is
because yahoo seems to be one of the few providers that rejects or bounces
mail that fails DMARC checks.

I was talking about recipients.

Or are you saying that at the moment 40% of the subscribers of IETF lists reject
or otherwise not receive mail from DMARC protected senders?

The 40% was statistics about one IETF mailing list only. Messages from the mailing list to those (40%) subscribers would not be rejected as some of the mail providers are not advertising a "p=reject". A number of the mail providers in that 40% will not deliver messages from the mailing list to the subscribers as they are advertising a "p=quarantine".

Regards,
S. Moonesamy