DMARC stats for IETF mailing lists (was DMARC methods in mailman)

2016-12-21 10:20:10
On 21/12/2016 10:57, S Moonesamy wrote:

Hi Philip,
At 03:06 20-12-2016, Philip Homburg wrote:

 (snip)
People who receive the list on a yahoo account would have to mark the checkbox
(though maybe a list of default domains can be hacked in such that new
subscribers for those domain would get it set automatically)

The focus has been on Yahoo because of a message which was posted several years ago. I collected some statistics for an IETF mailing list. Approximately 40% of the subscribers are using [1] DMARC; most of then are not using Yahoo.
Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. This is not the percentage of subscribers using "p=reject".

I ran some scripts on a snapshot of list of subscribers a week ago and here is some information:

   Total addresses in the whitelist: 83131
   Number of unique domains:         19668

   Total domains which published any valid DMARC policy: 1398

   Total domains with p=reject DMARC policy: 243
   Total domains with p=quarantine DMARC policy: 167

   Email addresses with p=reject DMARC policy: 4773
   Email addresses with p=quarantine DMARC policy: 1370