Re: Realistic responses to DMARC

2016-12-21 10:24:08

Hi Michael,

On 19/12/2016 02:11, Michael Richardson wrote:
BUT, if their email bouncing kicks me off the list, then I will be very
grumpy.  My spam filtering provider provides me controls to ignore p=reject
when arriving from certain origins, but this doesn't scale well.  I'd rather
the IETF implemented DMARC properly and rejected the email from arriving at
the list.  Or the IETF can repudiate DMARC completely.  To me, it's the
IESG's choice, but this sitting on the fence for four years pissed me off.

On a more serious note: IESG is discussing various options as we speak. I am the lead on this activity. I would ask people to give IESG a bit of time to finish these discussion and don't rehash the DMARC discussion all over again.

Best Regards,
Alexey