Re: Realistic responses to DMARC

2016-12-18 01:24:19
Therefore, a developer-friendly mail service MUST NOT have a p=reject
or p=quarantee DMARC policy, and MUST also ignore DMARC policies on
the receiving end.  Fortunately, these mail services do exist, even if
they aren't the big, free consumer ones.

Linux may be enough of a cult that developers will put up with having to use a mail account different from the one they use for everything else, but as I've said a couple of times already, I don't think the IETF can stand the blood loss.

There are some workarounds, maybe ARC, maybe message wrapping, maybe some kind of From: munging. We're looking at them and scratching our heads.

R's,
John