Re: Realistic responses to DMARC

2016-12-18 16:34:22
On 12/18/2016 2:24 PM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
   So when David Crocker tells us that
the mail providers aren't going to back down, regardless of whether or
not it is true, *of course* the the mail providers will try to say
that, because they are trying to intimate people into knuckling under
and accepting DMARC.

Ted, you are ascribing more concern about this by the providers than I'm seeing.

Rather than seeking to invoke some sort of mystical assessment of corporate intent, I suggest you do a pragmatic evaluation of actual leverage and formulate a practical plan based on it. Then see who lines up in support and follows through with useful action.

It's all basic power negotiating

Or not.

d/

--