Re: IPv10 (Temp. name IPmix) (draft-omar-ipv10-00.txt).

2016-12-28 19:47:39
Finally, this proposal does nothing to solve the problem it
identifies, legacy IPv4 hosts in the enterprise environment that will
not migrate. There appears to be an unstated assumption that
administrators of legacy hosts will make the changes necessary for
this inconsistent and underspecified proposal, despite the
demonstrated fact that they are unwilling to make the well documented
changes to deploy IPv6 because they simply refuse to make a change, or
to learn something new.

exactly.  enterprises have een controllong their environments and
permissions across it based on ip assignment via dhcp for a few
decades.  and ipv4 nat is a much easier and cheaper way to get their
job done than trying to deal with ipv6.

in general, i do not find it a very viable business strategy to tell
my customers to do things they just do not want to do.  pushing water
uphill.  and we have been so good at denial for a decades.

we blamed the operators.  we blamed the cpe vendors.  we blamed the
router vendors.  and now we blame the users.  it's always someone
else's fault.

randy