Re: IPv10 (Temp. name IPmix) (draft-omar-ipv10-00.txt).

2016-12-29 01:17:43
On 29 Dec 2016, at 5:27, David Conrad wrote:

My suspicion (hope?) is that the increased price of IPv4 (and operational
challenges dealing with GGNAT) will encourage folks to take IPv6 more
seriously.

...in combination with the increased a. announcements of unannounced
(regardless of whether it is allocated or not) address space; and ultimately b.
announcements of address space that is announced (as people will just not care
if someone on the other side of the planet use the space or not).

I.e. we can just sit down, do our homework, and people will one day see IPv4 is
more work for them than IPv6. And with homework I mean continue to improve
management and use of IPv6 address space. There is still so much more to be
done. Because one day people will come and ask for it, and when that happens we
better have the tools ready.

   paf