Re: Predictable Internet Time

2017-01-03 16:34:33
On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 4:59 PM, Paul Eggert
<eggert(_at_)cs(_dot_)ucla(_dot_)edu> wrote:

Eliot Lear wrote:
I think the maintainer (Paul, CC'd) does tend to give it some priority.

I don't know why anyone would need more lead time for tzdb leap-second
updates (as opposed to time zone and DST updates). However, if there is
a need, they can get leap-seconds.list from the development repository
on GitHub, or from NIST if NIST is up, or simply by editing their
leap-seconds.list file by hand. It would be nice if leap-seconds.list
were distributed more reliably, of course.

​As I said, I want 30-100 years lead time so I can bake the schedule into
devices and remove a trust dependency.​