Re: Predictable Internet Time

2017-01-03 01:25:51
Hi Patrik,

On 1/3/17 7:59 AM, Patrik Fältström wrote:
What is important is that the file include also known future leap seconds
(and not) like the official memo. So that one can prep the local system with
some predictability for the next say 5 months.

Maybe it does. My apologies for being lazy.

IERS always issues the bulletins at least five months in advance of a
leap second, but generally not more than six (in one instance they
released an announcement just under five months in advance of NO leap
second).  At that point it is a matter of where we are with the TZ
release cycle, but I think the maintainer (Paul, CC'd) does tend to give
it some priority.

Eliot