Re: Review of draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-06

2017-01-12 18:49:25
to be clear, i have no problem with iids being 64-bit.  my issue is with
unicast globals being classful in 2.4.4.
Randy I take your point, but this supposed conflict isn't new, it's not
introduced in 4291bis, it goes back to RFC3513.

i know; and i have pushed back every cm of the way.  it took years to
get the other classful insanity, tls/nla, removed.  the old cidr war
continues.  this last bit of classfulness (excuse the word) too will
pass.

Do you have a suggestion how to change this within the context of
advancing this to Internet Standard?

yes.  simply remove the mandatory requirement for classful global
unicast addresses.

randy