Re: [Slim] IETF last call for draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language (Issue 8, section 6, IANA registrations)

2017-02-15 06:33:19
in issue 8, I propose:

(Look in the edited draft -06g that I attached some days ago for how the proposal appears in the text )

8. Include more fields for attribute registration from 4566bis

Section 6 has the form for attribute registration by IANA. There are a couple of fields missing that will be important for use of the specification in the WebRTC environment. Include these fields if that is allowable according to current IANA procedures and if that does not delay the publication of this draft. These fields are needed for use of text media in WebRTC.

Change:

In two locations from:
    "Usage Level:  media"

to:

    "Usage Level:  media, dcsa(subprotocol)"

Insert in two locations in the registration forms:
"Mux Category: NORMAL"

I checked in current IANA registrations, and found that all SDP attribute registrations now include the "Mux Category".

So, I assume that we are obliged to do so also and hope that we can agree on that.
As far as I understand the logic, we should specify NORMAL.

I saw no trace yet of registrations of  "Usage Level: dcsa(subprotocol)"

I would like to get advice from someone with insight in the SDP attribute registration and the status of the dsca(subprotocol) value on how we should proceed in order to get the dsca(subprotocol) included in a smooth way without causing exessive delay.

Regards
Gunnar