Re: Proposed IETF Statement Concerning Personal Data for Review

2017-02-27 11:51:03
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Stephen Farrell
<stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie>
wrote:

- "not intended for use by children under 13" - we don't
care, why not say that instead of trying to avoid some
non-existent liability (which is how it looks) - maybe
s/intended for/aimed at/ would be better? (The rest of
the para is fine)

This looks to me like an effort to define the service so that we do not
need to meet the requirements of COPPA (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Online_Privacy_Protection_Act).
To the extent that meeting those requirements can be costly and we have no
known participations under 13, then I think it is probably reasonable to
include.

regards,

Ted