Re: Proposed IETF Statement Concerning Personal Data for Review

2017-02-28 01:45:59
In article
<CAA-e5Q0EZ6TExiJz+U0oicpst5iVteCq4JUWXNSQHVA24kOgcA(_at_)mail(_dot_)gmail(_dot_)com>
 you write:
I think we can just say "children under 13 must obtain consent from their
parents or legal guardians". We should be fine in terms of COPPA if parents
agree with the release of personal information.

We have no process to obtain, verify, or record parental consent.
Unless someone anticipates an influx of middle school kids
to the IETF, please leave the language alone.

Note that children can read IETF stuff all they want -- they just
can't send messages in.

R's,
John