Re: Do you really not care whether people accept your mail?

2017-03-13 21:56:50

On Mar 13, 2017, at 10:41 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker
<phill(_at_)hallambaker(_dot_)com> wrote:

Perhaps we should just recognize the fact that SMTP does not really support
mailing
lists, it never has and never will.

This is absurd, perhaps we can recognize that Yahoo does not support mailing
lists, ...  SMTP works with lists just fine.

In any case, the issue at hand is not even about lists, Gmail imposes more
strict constraints on IPv6 senders than IPv4 senders.  For now I prefer to
send over IPv4 rather than reduce the deliverability of my mail when some
fragile "authentication" mechanism fails.  Thus no SPF, or DMARC for my
domain at present.  This trade-off is subject to periodic reassessment,
for now that's what works best for me.  Some day I may enable outbound
DKIM signing, and perhaps (much) later as a last resort SPF.  So far,
neither have been needed.

--
        Viktor.