Re: Do you really not care whether people accept your mail?

2017-03-14 18:54:54
On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 3:38 AM, Philip Homburg
<pch-ietf-6(_at_)u-1(_dot_)phicoh(_dot_)com>
wrote:

In my experience, essentially no mail gets lost if you leave out SPF, DKIM,
DMARC. The only exception is gmail that occasionally rejects e-mail.

"no mail gets lost" != "gmail occasionally rejects my mail"

In the context of IPv6 we now have an additional problem. Sites that have
filters that are more strict for IPv6 than for IPv4. The obvious very
quick workaround for many mail admins is to avoid delivering mail over
IPv6.
Of course, that just increases the SPAM/HAM ratio, justifying more
draconian
measures. Which in the end will just kill IPv6 as a transport for e-mail.

Do you imagine that you may be making different choices than others?

There are plenty of senders, in fact the vast majority by volume, who are
perfectly fine with authenticating their mail.  And many of them send over
IPv6.  This may be a speed bump, but it is not the death of IPv6 for email
transport.

There is no FUSSP, but there are many things which help make the problem
tractable.

Brandon