Re: [sipcore] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-status-unwanted-04.txt> (A SIP Response Code for Unwanted Calls) to Proposed Standard

2017-03-21 09:54:28
Fwiw,

On Mar 21, 2017 09:42, "Adam Roach" <adam(_at_)nostrum(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 3/20/17 21:39, Paul Kyzivat wrote:

OTOH, I will agree that the choice of 666 as the response code here was
not incidental - it clearly was chosen with that "Number of the Beast"
connotation in mind. In that sense the choice was gratuitous.

I would argue "mnemonic" rather than "gratuitous" -- similar to the "451"
response code selected by RFC 7725.

My canonical example of a mnemonic integer selection would be the choice of
"RFC 1984" forIAB and IESG Statement on Cryptographic Technology and the
Internet(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc1984/).

Spencer