Re: IETF subpoena processes update and a request

2017-03-24 14:15:36

Pete Resnick <presnick(_at_)qti(_dot_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > To deal with the second issue, it seems to me that we should address
    > the first issue by making it crystal clear in the procedures that the
    > subpoena must go to the entire IESG, not just the chair, and that
    > whatever action is taken on the subpoena be approved by the IESG (with
    > advice of counsel). If the entire IESG gets a copy of the subpoena, and
    > our procedures make it clear to any court or other issuing authority
    > that more than one person outside of their jurisdiction will be seeing
    > the subpoena, perhaps that will mitigate the second issue.

Is your goal here to dissuade them from placing gag orders on the subpeona,
or is it to make it clear that their subpoena should omit unnecessary
identifying information, as we will post it publically.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-