Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-rfc1981bis-04.txt> (Path MTU Discovery for IP version 6) to Internet Standard

2017-03-26 19:55:06
Thanks for those coments, which I cut, because I think they can now be turned
to text. You asked a question about one comment, see below:

GF:
Could the WG consider to also add the first two sentences to the security
considerations?
Bob:
Sorry, which two sentences?

These were the two sentences, the rest of the para explained what PMTUD was,
and probably could be left to the reader:

  "Packetization Layer Path MTU Discovery (PLPMTUD) [RFC4821] does not
  rely upon network support for ICMP messages and is therefore
  considered more robust than standard PMTUD.  It is not susceptible to
  "black holing" of ICMP message."

Gorry