Re: [yang-doctors] [Teas] Yangdoctors last call review of draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo-08

2017-06-26 11:30:35
On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 01:43:55PM +0000, Xufeng Liu wrote:

[Xufeng] The I2RS topology model is already NMDA style, but the NMDA
models are not immediately implementable without NETCONF/RESTCONF
protocol update. We will need the "-state" module for the I2RS
topology model (and for all the top-level models) for now. While the
NMDA is nice, the NMDA discussions have already significantly
delayed publishing new models, and doing NMDA without staging will
further delay the process.

Can the config and state trees reasonably be different, i.e., do you
need to be able to distinguish intended config from applied config? If
not, I think you can implement NMDA today without waiting for
NETCONF/RESTCONF protocol updates.

/js