Re: Revamp of the www.ietf.org website

2017-07-15 05:08:24
I think a missing aspect of the web site, which should be prominent in both the
home page and also the “contact” page, is all the social media.

I see there is a “share this page” at the right of the main picture, but in my
opinion, is not clearly visible and is not enough (the logos of the social
networks should be recognized without needing to pass over the share this page
text, for example, and allow to open a new windows to each of the social
networks when you click on them).

We need to make sure that we increase our participation in social networks, at
least as a way to share news about IETF, contents announced in the
announcements mailing list, etc.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: ietf <ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> en nombre de Russ Housley
<housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com>
Responder a: <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com>
Fecha: sábado, 15 de julio de 2017, 11:21
Para: IETF <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: Revamp of the www.ietf.org website

    I am pleased to report that there has been a lot of progress on the project
to revamp of the www.ietf.org website. The updated website will be the “front
door” for the IETF, not only for for active IETF participants, but also
provides an onramp for potential participants, and helps explain the work of
the IETF to people who are not directly involved in developing Internet
standards. The complete Scope of Work for the project is available at:

       https://iaoc.ietf.org/documents/IETF-Website-SOW-20140604-Final.pdf

    Based on recent feedback, including the demo table at IETF 98, the initial
design and features of the website have been improved in many ways. For
example, in response to the feedback provided, there is now a single page that
provides links to tools and resources commonly used by active IETF participants.

    The project is now entering the next phase of the website development. The
goal for this phase is to gather input more broadly. While there are still a
few features to be implemented and some content still needs to be fine tuned,
the general organization and the look-and-feel of the website has been
implemented based on the initial research and input received to date. Of
course, there will be some additional significant work before the site is ready
for production; for example, before the website is final, we will implement
methods to ensure that well-known URLs continue to work as expected.

    The site is now accessible at:

       https://beta.ietf.org

    Please take a look. We will be tracking issues that need addressing at:

       https://github.com/ietf/www.ietf.org/issues

    Feedback can also be emailed directly to: webmaster(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

    At IETF 99 in Prague, there will be a table near meeting registration to
demonstrate the beta website with “office hours" posted on a sign by the table.
Please stop by if you are in Prague!  The office hours will be at least:

       Monday, July 17, 08:30-09:30 and 17:15-17:45

       Tuesday, July 18, 08:30-09:30

       Wednesday, July 19, 08:30-9:30

       Friday, July 12, 08:30-9:30

    Thanks,
    Russ Housley
    IETF Website Revamp Project Manager

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.consulintel.es
The IPv6 Company

confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that
information, including attached files, is prohibited.