Re: draft-ietf-jsonbis-rfc7159bis-03: recommendation to use UTF-8

2017-07-18 02:41:15
Hi Julian,

On 18 Jul 2017, at 08:52, Julian Reschke
<julian(_dot_)reschke(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de> wrote:

On 2017-07-17 18:33, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Hi,
The JSONBIS WG decided to update recommendation on Unicode encoding to
be UTF-8. (For details see the RFC Editor's notes in the approval
message that will be sent out shortly.) This took a bit of time to
debate in the WG, so the document approval took a bit longer than
originally expected.
Best Regards,
Alexey, as the responsible AD

The last WG mail related to this topic is over 2 months old, and I don't see
any declaration of consensus.

It would be good if the chair would send a summary about what's going on to
the WG mailing list before anything gets finalized.

(I note that
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jsonbis-rfc7159bis/> has been
saying "Revised ID Needed" for 48 days, and I was under the assumption that
there'd be indeed a revised ID).

I just posted a message on this: this is approved with updated RFC Editor
notes. See the approval message once it is sent.

Best Regards,
Alexey