Re: [Json] draft-ietf-jsonbis-rfc7159bis-03: recommendation to use UTF-8

2017-07-18 03:19:38
On 2017-07-18 10:05, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Hi Julian,

On 18 Jul 2017, at 08:52, Julian Reschke

On 2017-07-17 18:33, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Hi,
The JSONBIS WG decided to update recommendation on Unicode encoding to
be UTF-8. (For details see the RFC Editor's notes in the approval
message that will be sent out shortly.) This took a bit of time to
debate in the WG, so the document approval took a bit longer than
originally expected.
Best Regards,
Alexey, as the responsible AD

The last WG mail related to this topic is over 2 months old, and I don't see
any declaration of consensus.

It would be good if the chair would send a summary about what's going on to the
WG mailing list before anything gets finalized.

(I note that <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jsonbis-rfc7159bis/> has been
saying "Revised ID Needed" for 48 days, and I was under the assumption that there'd
be indeed a revised ID).

I just posted a message on this: this is approved with updated RFC Editor
notes. See the approval message once it is sent.

This is not how it's supposed to work. Please have a new I-D posted and get people to review the changes in context. This is a *very* important piece of standards work - we need to make sure it meets quality standards.

From a quick glance at <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jsonbis-rfc7159bis/writeup/>, I already note that the appendix "Changes from RFC 7159" is now incomplete.

Best regards, Julian