Re: Some existing proposals for next-generation email

2004-01-29 15:47:15

At 4:44 PM -0500 1/29/04, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
There is also a ton of others that came across the ASRG list, if anyone is interested.

These are not proposals for next-generation mail, they are proposals for changes to current-generation mail. The intent of this mailing list is to first figure out the requirements for mail *while ignoring what we have today*, then work on protocols. There is a chance that everything that people agree is important can be done as changes to what we have today; there is a chance that we will need some or all new protocols.

Please note that this list is *not* for discussing the merits of any proposals to changes to the current mail system, at least not year.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium