Re: Why are we here? What are our goals?

2004-01-29 19:18:17

Hector Santos wrote:

-- Alternative MX record lookup that provide important attribues that
enhances frontend reliability and lowers network bandwidth using policy
concepts such as "System Hours"  "Allow Spam, No Spam"

We have seen similar concepts developing in the anti-spam world as well. People are looking for a generic way for two systems to negotiate policy and capabilities. Therefore, a NG mail system might have the ability to do things like negotiate whether the sender and receiver are using some specific payment mechanism, tell the sender what kind of email is not accepted, etc.

Yakov
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send" (Jon Postel)
-------