Re: summary the discussion so far

2004-02-01 03:27:05

So lets go back to IETF tradition. We need someone to write an i-d with all the concerns and requirements, and then make our discussion around that.

No, let's not.

Making an I-D would resolve the IP issues, particularly copyright consideration.

This is *not* an IETF project. It is an independent group, at least for now. To date, the IETF method of creating requirements documents has often failed badly. (For those who were not involved with IDNS, James knows this very well from personal experience!)

Yes, IDN requirements was withdraw and was not published eventually. But the process of capturing the requirements helps to align a lot of discussion, of those within scope and those not.

It is a useful process so long the author(s) dont get too attached to it and wants to make it into an RFC later.

That's great, and it's *not* an Internet Draft. I would really prefer to see things like this than Internet Drafts, at least for many months.

Okay, lets keep it this way then if others has no objections.

-James Seng