Re: summary the discussion so far

2004-02-02 06:38:15

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 12:10:08PM -0800, Einar Stefferud wrote:

I have to agree with Paul that it is simple too early to try to boil this
frog.

You know you just said "too early to try to boil this frog" there, don't
you?

What a curious phrase. :-)

We have not yet seen much melding of ideas, or have any sense that the whole
issue space has been seen here.

Well, that's where the Wiki comes in. It actually enables anybody to edit
any part of what is going on. So, we can all go in there and add our own
ideas and it gradually morphs into something solid and stable. Providing we
discuss why we're changing the things we are here...

I have no idea how anyone might take this bunch of stuff and make workable
plans out of its mass.

I plan to do something with it all this week. I hereby volunteer. If you
guys don't see something by the weekend, hassle me.

My preference is always to find the Meta Problems and meta issues and put
them
at the beginning of the agenda to raise participants vision up to the
critical
meta issues that need to be resolved.

Well, already people are discussing copyright issues. Seems bizzare to me.
For me the big issues are the mantras I gave in an earlier post.

As noted by someone in history -- "We Have Not Yet Begun to Fight!"

In our case, we have not yet found the boundaries of the field of endeavor.

I thought it was to come up with a suggested replacement mail protocol.

--
Paul Robinson