Re: On the spam problem...

2004-02-04 16:29:35

Hello Jacob;-)...

When all senders start paying all recipients for sending, you
will be sending Internet Mail back to the days of TELEX
settlement for directional differentials.

Settlement is a very expensive business just to compute the
differentials between regions, let alone on an individual
pair-wise basis.

The mere cost of the record keeping and bookkeeping will be
far in excess of the value of sending anything.

So, part of every MUA will then need to have a postage calculator
to help the sender to evaluate whether to send each message
to each recipient, and then need to keep a rigorous set of account
books.

Be careful about what you wish for...\Stef

Cheers...\Stef