Re: list of user-visible goals

2004-02-04 20:20:45

What are we designing here?  A new BBS system?   Sounds much like it!

Anyway.........  very good.

Since we are designing a new BBS-like mail system,  I see a few more.

Accessibility,  Integration

o Users want to roam (re-pickup mail from different client/machines) i.e.,
web vs pop3. Web control means server control of mail pointers,  pop3 means
user control of mail pointers.

o User want off-line mail access capabilities.  Automatic downloads/uploads
of mail,  i.e.,   QWK, OPX, BW.

Accessibility,  Integration,  Security,   Privacy

o Users want to do NON-SOCKET access, dialup directly.  Note:  Some Federal
security mandates may require it.

http://www.santronics.com