Re: list of user-visible goals

2004-02-04 20:53:53

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:29, Keith Moore wrote:
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~moore/opinions/user-visible-email-ng-goals.html

It's occurred to me that we've missed another obvious one. I'm not sure how to
categorise it, but we should probably include it. Bear in mind the usual
caveat that not all user wants are compatible with each other.

- Spammers want to be able to send messages to every email user on the
network.

Along similar lines, the following point forms a logical progression for the
"Reliability" section, although we appear to be blending "Reliability" and
"Feedback".

- Senders (including spammers) sometimes want "disposition notification",
which informs them that the message has been displayed to the recipient.
(Spammers are known to use "web bugs" in HTML email to achieve this effect.)
Receivers often don't want to divulge this information.

Regards,
TFBW