Re: Another User Requirement Consider: Dates

2004-02-08 06:22:33

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brett Watson" <famous-mail-ng(_at_)nutters(_dot_)org>
To: "Hector Santos" <winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com>
Cc: <mail-ng(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2004 1:07 AM
Subject: Re: Another User Requirement Consider: Dates

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 15:56, Hector Santos wrote:
- Users would like to know when the message was received by the MUA
relative to the user, not the relative date received by the mail server.

I don't see that this places any requirements on the mail protocol or
message
format.

Maybe - maybe not.  For server-side history, tracking, lets rephrase:

- SYSOPS would like to know when the message was received by the MUA.

Sure, I am aware that may be an implementation issue IF the format is stored
in a specific format or wrappers with additional headers on the server side
like it is for our BBS.   It is still a requirement. :-)

http://www.santronics.com