Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Draft as of 9/4/2007

2007-09-04 21:01:01

SM wrote:
At 20:11 04-09-2007, Dave Crocker wrote:
   c) I know there's a third item, but i can't think of it at the moment.

Are you thinking about diverse implementations and interoperability?

Maybe, although I thought I covered that with other text.

I'm inclined to suggest a "Last Request for Comments Prior to Submission to IETF Standards Process" posting to a few lists. Ones that come to mind are:

   1.  MAAWG tech list

   2.  IETF-822 list

I would recommend the ietf-822 list. As there are some SPF examples in the draft, it would be good to have some comments from a SPF list as well.

ack.

The draft may go through a few more iterations before the Last Call and even then it won't be easy as this is on the Standard Track.

Easy?  IETF?  Never.

Still, diligence and tenacity (assuming they are different) usually are
rewarded.

d/

ps. No, I didn't get the last line from a fortune cookie.  Should have, tho.
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking