Re: [mail-vet-discuss] What is the A-R header really for?

2007-10-16 17:12:43
Eliot Lear wrote:
So I think in summary we need clearer text on the applicability of this
header, the jist of which should be that MUAs SHOULD NOT in general
process it as authentic information.  I still believe that certain
environments SHOULD strip out others' headers, but this is environment
specific.  As John wrote, MTAs will do what they will do.

Does the current language of the 08 draft satisfy those requirements? I think it does, in particular the extended Security Considerations.