[mail-vet-discuss] current syntax

2007-11-02 12:11:58
I looked over the syntax yesterday of dkim entries - don't hate me for
not having looked at this earlier -- but it seems to have been changed
to:

dkim=pass (comment) header.i=xyz.com;

i haven't looked the abnf, but i'm guessing that order matters? it looks
a little odd to my aesthetics to be using white space as the delimiter.
maybe it would be better to not define an explicit order, but and
delimit the tag values by, oh say, comma? Then if you ever have
a value that needs embedded space it won't cause trouble. Also: it
seems that it would steer clear of fws issues, which I assume that you
allow anywhere.

      Mike, i'll read the abnf when i get back in a bit

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
This draft makes the following changes based on list chatter and discussions at both MAAWG and the DKIM Interoperability Event last month:

- add "dkim-ssp" as an authentication method, referencing draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-xx - define "iprev" as a new authentication method (reverse-forward DNS verification) and define it
- allow zero or more propspecs

I'll send it through soon unless there's vocal squawking about it. I'll also be sending pointers to -09 to ietf-822 and the MAAWG "techincal" list. It'd be nice to be able to hand this off to the IETF AD soon.