Re: [mail-vet-discuss] secdir review ofdraft-kucherawy-sender-auth-header-11.txt (fwd)

2008-01-31 23:44:58
security guys get particularly skittish about mechanisms that are, themselves, explicitly about security. it's not that the caveats should not also apply to examples such as the one JD cites. rather it's that if there is a claim that the mechanism pertains to security (control, information, whatever) then they press for very, very careful statements about purpose, use, limitations, etc., etc.

From what we saw with the original DKIM threats analysis document, this can be carried much too far, but this review doesn't seem to cross that line into outright silliness. Maybe not the most consistent application of demands that one might like, but not silliness, either.

d/