Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Reworked section 2 (for -13)

2008-03-11 17:40:17
On Tuesday 11 March 2008 19:50:33 Dotzero wrote:
Murray,

After reviewing section 2.4.3 I think it should be split out
separately for SPF and Sender-ID. A pass for SPF does not mean the
same thing as a pass for SIDF. Conflating the two is a recipe for
problems. Mail From pass from SPF is totally different from PRA pass
from SIDF.

Yes.  This is definitely true.

Since PRA = From = Mail From about 80% of the time, it's an 80% solution.  80%
is good enough for Microsoft (I guess).  Unless that's good enough for you,
I'd say they ought to be disambiguated.

Scott K