mharc-users

Re: Porting existing archives into Mharc...

2002-07-08 14:11:04
Ok, so to sum up my configuration versus your explanation of
importing...

The current setup uses /etc/mail/aliases to pipe mail to various archive
specific mhonarc command lines.  This means that I don't have the raw
mail files you mentioned.  I don't want it to be this way in the future,
I would prefer to let mharc(_at_)myserver handle all of my archives as mharc
is supposed to do out of the box.

As far as importing the existing archives in, since I don't have the raw
mail, I should start a fresh archive and link the old ones in as old
archives, I suppose that's fine, although I may have to do a dual setup
until a convenient date, no biggie.  As far as doing a make rebuild
goes, can you give an example of why one would need to do this?  For
instance (purely hypothetical), if I make a change to lib/common.mrc.in
and run make configure, do I also need to run make rebuild to make the
configuration change apply to an existing archive?

Thanks for your patience.