mharc-users

Re: mharc Release: 0.6.2

2002-09-16 11:34:55
Earl Hood wrote:
  . Some restructuring to support localization.  For an example on how
    localization can be done for a language, see
    lib/mrc/_lang_en.mrc.in.dist.

This is very neat. I've created a Danish file for inclusion in the distribution (at your discretion).

Why are the English variables defined both in common.mrc and in _lang_en.mrc? Why not just <include> the _lang_en.mrc from common.mrc? It would also make it easier for users to change the language settings.

There's still work to do on localization; The "lists" page is in English and the dates are in English. Also, of course, the message headers, but I think you should keep those in English.

By the way, is there any way to decide which header fields to include in the html archive? My particular lists have no use of "reply-to" which is present in all mails because of majordomo. Some mail clients include fields like "Thread-index", "Thread-topic", "In-reply-to", "References", "Importance" and "Organization", and I really don't need to show them, either.

It's okay for these fields to be present in the mbox archives, but it would be nice to be able to specify an exclusive list of fields to display in the html archives.

* lib/mrc/_nospam.mrc.in.dist:
  . NEW: Includable resource file for those who want to deter
    address harvesters.

Very nice, this one!

Lars