mharc-users

Re: mharc Release: 0.6.2

2002-09-16 17:58:22
On September 16, 2002 at 22:31, Lars Jorgensen wrote:

By the way, the stylesheets are very good looking in Mozilla, but they
look strange in IE6. I know this is the fault of IS6, but are you
planning on making an IE6-compatible collection of styles?

No.

As far as I
can tell, it's mostly to do with background color of some of the boxes.

I think IE6 has problems with supporting some of the standard element
selection notation used.  For example:

  div.msgHead > table

I think the only way IE6 will handle things is to define class and/or
id attributes for for each element that will have styles applied to it.
I did not do this initially since I wanted the stylesheet to apply
to existing archives without doing a full rebuild.

For example, "div.msgHead > table" was used because the converted
message header markup cannot be edited, so I need a style that could
access the table that formatted the message header fields.

I did look at the pages with IE6 initially and saw that not everything
was rendered as desired.  However, I did find it passable, and there
was nothing that made the pages unreadable.

--ewh

P.S.  IE has some major security problems, so I would avoid using it
until Microsoft has decided to fix them.