mharc-users

Archive customization.

2002-10-22 18:10:10
Hello,

I'm trying to set up mharc for an org that hosts lists for
people in several countries and languages.  At first I thought
the best way to do it would be utf-8, but having read that older
browsers might not be capable of displaying utf-8 characters, I
decided to do list-by-list character set conversions instead.

So first I ask, does this seem like the right way to do it?

If so, on to my next question..

I've found that I can set the character set in each list's mrc
file, which is great.  But when a search is performed, the
results page doesn't have the meta tag added to it, and the text
is displayed in the default (and often incorrect) character set.

I tried changing the NMZ.head.in files in individual lists'
html subdirectories, but it has no effect, and a make configure
wipes out the changes anyway.

So, is there a built-in way to customize the namazu results page
on a list-by-list basis?  What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks very much.

--
deanna