mharc-users

Re: How to feed mharc old mbox archives?

2002-10-23 08:52:20
On October 23, 2002 at 01:20, Morgan Fletcher wrote:

I've got old mbox-style archives in the monthly format created by
majordomo and the monolithic format created by mailman. I'd like to
feed them both to mharc - I am guessing via read-mail - so that all
old messages are archived by mhonarc and indexed by namazu. Then I
will go forward with mharc's procmailrc.mharc processing of new mail,
for those lists.

How do I go about feeding the old mbox archives to mharc?

You can just add them (and/or append to) into raw mailbox archive
location, $MBOX_DIR/<list-name>/YYYY-MM.  The next time mharc processes
the mail, the message will get converted to HTML.

For a monolithic mailbox file, use the mbox-month-pack script provided
in mharc.  It will split up the mailbox into monthly, or yearly,
mailbox files.

--ewh