mharc-users

Install problems

2002-11-02 12:12:51
hello,

I am getting crazy with this install.pl script. Can you advise a page where
manual installation is described? It may take many hours but I see it will
be better that way.

I did not install namazu and mhonarc to root but installed them to
/home/user/ folder
MHONARC_LIB=
I am setting this in  config.sh and running "make configure" then running
install.me and it cannot find mhonarc library.  "make configure" does not
print an error.

Fortunately script goes on despite errors and asks for a path to install.
Then it fails while creating /mbox folder.  Why do i need to be root for
such a mail parsing application?
I appreciate if someone tells whether this app can be installed on user
level or do i need to become root? And a manual installation help page will
be more appreciated.

thanks.