mharc-users

Re: [approved] Install troubles

2003-01-09 20:47:26
On January 6, 2003 at 01:55, "Austin Weidner" wrote:

I set up a user mailarch. Installed mharc to /home/mharc/archives:
drwxr-xr-x    8 root     root         4096 Jan  6 00:18 home
drwxrwsr-x    3 mailarch mailarch     4096 Jan  6 00:24 mharc
drwxr-sr-x   10 mailarch mailarch     4096 Jan  6 00:57 archives
(permissions and ownership look good, right?)

When install.pl asked for Root URL for archives I used /archives

config.sh looked good, didn't see the need to change anything there

In my lists.def file the only uncommented lines are:
Name: members
Address: members(_at_)judohi(_dot_)com

This is the list I will be receiving e-mail from. I did a make after adding
this.

Did the crontab etc/crontab command that worked.

I copied over things from etc/apache.conf over to my httpd.conf file.

I assume that the top part should look like this:
<IfModule mod_alias.c>
    ScriptAlias /archives/ "/home/mharc/archives/cgi-bin/"
</IfModule>

This is incorrect.  The provided template uses @@CGI_URL@@.
Therefore, it should be:

  <IfModule mod_alias.c>
      ScriptAlias /archives/cgi-bin/ "/home/mharc/archives/cgi-bin/"
  </IfModule>

--ewh