mharc-users

trailing whitespace in lists.def

2003-04-17 13:12:14
I took me almost an hour to track this down, so I thought I'd report
this as a bug to save future frustration for others.

In lib/lists.def, if an ``Address'' line has any trailing whitespace,
the corresponding procmail entry will also have that trailing
whitespace causing it not to match any messages.  I had a single space
character at the end of my Address lines, and wondered why they were
being ignored.

I'd suggest stripping trailing whitespace when processing lines from
lists.def since this is a very easy "mistake" to make.