mharc-users

Re: new mail archive server

2003-06-13 17:02:56
Great, it almost worked. :)

Since I don't have the original raw mail data I decided to go with mhn2mbox
script.

On my old machine I have directory support_arch created by MHonArc with a bunch
of
msg??????.html, bin?????.bin, doc?????.doc and so on files.
So I converted this derectory to a mbox file:
        mhn2mbox support_arch support_arch.mbox

Copied support_arch.mbox file to the target machine as ./mbox/support_arch/2003
file
and ran: make rebuild
It created all files in ./html/support_arch directory and updated all idx pages.

It worked, but some of the messages on the new servers shows with all HTML tags.
For example:
- one message on the old server:
        ---
        Due to day care problems
        Maria will be in from around 8:30 to 11 then 2-5.
        ---

- the same message on the new server:
        ---
        font-family:Arial'>Due to day care problems &#8211; <font
        size=2 face=Arial>Mari<font
        size=2 face=Arial>a will be in
        from around <font size=2
        face=Arial>8:30<font
        size=2 face=Arial> to 11 then 2-5.
        font-family:Arial'>
        ---

I really couldn't find the solution looking at the documentation.

Please advice.

Thanks
Peter