mharc-users

Re: Generating Namazu Indexes

2003-09-04 10:46:43
On September 4, 2003 at 11:04, jasonc(_at_)darkpenguin(_dot_)com wrote:

Do I have to do anything to generate the namazu indexes?  The search
functions
do not work for messages in the archive.  When I try a search, it says it
can't
open the index.  I read a recent post to this mailing list that mentioned
that
the index files are stored in the html/<list-name> directory.  I don't
have any
index files there.

Namazu index filenames start with "NMZ.".

In normal operations, you do not have to do anything to generate
search indexes.  Search index for a list is not generated if the
Name: starts with a "." or if define the No-Search: option for
an archive.

If using the standard cron template to manage your archives, you
should examine the <mharc-root>/log/cron.log file to see if
there are any error messages.  I also recommend that you use
Namazu v2.0.12, or later.

If you see that there is no NMZ. files, you can try running the
<mharc-root>/bin/mk-search-index script to create one and see if
any errors are generated.  Example usage:

  <mharc-root>/bin/mk-search-index <list-name>

--ewh